Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Posted by Advocate on Aug 2, 2012 1:13 pm

Has anyone else had a bad experience with travel insurance?
As a breast cancer survivor, I've had coverage cancelled by TIC after a claim was filed by a Florida hospital. 

I didn't know there was a question in the company's on-line form that could be so easily misinterpreted. By them or by me, it's a questionable point. 

Survivors of estrogen-positive breast cancer beware. When the insurer says its
pre-coverage question on cancer excludes those "treated only with hormone therapies such as Tamoxifen, Femara, Arimedex" they don't mean you, unless you had no surgery and no radiation in the recent past.  

What they mean is the question excludes survivors who haven't had surgery or radiation in the last 24 months but are still on Tamoxifen or Femara etc. They just do not say it and deny claims when they are filed.  

Re: Travel Insurance

Posted by cancerspouse on Aug 23, 2018 11:01 am

My husband and I will be traveling in Sept. He is in active treatment for metastasized prostate cancer. We are wondering what travel insurance company people have dealt with here. We realize that preconsisting conditions will not be covered. 

cancer spouse

Posted by Phytoterra on Sep 27, 2018 3:45 pm

I too need help! We are travelling for the first and last time and my travel insurance won’t cover my husband. Please if anyone knows of an insurance company who will, let me know?

Posted by cancerspouse on Sep 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Phytoterra‍ 
We ended up using RBC. They did not ask any questions, but my husband is under 60, that might make a difference. 

cancerspouse

Share with your friends: